Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Random March

Harper gives the best hugs.


A preschool field trip to the children's museum was a hit with both Henry and Harper.




Harper is the cutest little cookie-making helper (even if she does steal all the chocolate chips).


Prayer time!


Reasons my 2-year-old is crying: because I got her exactly what she wanted for breakfast, but it was in a green bowl.  And she doesn't like the chair she's half-climbed on to, even though she wants to sit there every other morning.  At least the daffodils are blooming.  Oh, wait...she doesn't like that either.


I am taking a paleography class (the study of old handwriting) this semester.  I am loving it.  One activity we've been asked to do each time we begin to study a new script is to write it out.  This helps us to remember and appreciate the work that goes into each writing style.  I've loved the challenge of getting the strokes right, and these are some that I was really proud of (they were the most difficult to write and read):

Secretary hand (used throughout western Europe from about 1485-1700)


Court hand (developed in the Middle Ages, used on and off again until finally banned in 1836)


Kurrent script (used in Germany and Scandinavia from the 1500s until 1941).  This is my name! 



I love it when the kids "discover" a toy that we've had for a couple of years.  It was fun to watch their creative juices flow.


Henry built a vehicle and Harper built a crown - all by themselves!


I made the mistake of letting Harper try my Coke.  I guess she takes after her mom.



"Mmmm...I love soda!"


Harper was so excited to see Belle!


There was a much cuter ballroom scene after the movie.


I took the kids bowling.  Harper was more entertained by the "slide." (It's meant to help kids roll those heavy bowling balls.)


Once in a blue moon, the stars align and all three kids love each other at the same time.


I love it when they both try to sit on my lap at the same time.


We took a spring break trip to the zoo with our neighbors.


I took the kids to OMSI, and we finally checked out the submarine.



In my eight years of being a parent, I've never once seen any of my kids under anesthesia.  That changed when Henry needed to have an MRI.  He was so nervous, but we promised him that he wouldn't need to get any shots, and all he would need to do is take a "potion" to go to sleep.  We had to be at the hospital at 6 am, so that made for a very early morning, but I managed to take a picture with my brave boy.


He handled everything so well.  It was hard to wake him up though!  


It was so funny to watch him come out of the anesthesia.  He was super groggy.  As he was intubated for the anesthesia, he was given a Popsicle when he woke up to combat any dry throat that he might have.  


He couldn't hold it straight, even with two hands.  It kept flopping around, hitting him in the chin and falling down to his chest.  



No comments:

Random April

Adam sweats like no one else! When Adam and I got our king bed a few years ago, we thought, "This will be so great!  Not only w...